Synapse Movies announced a February 22 release date for the long-awaited uncensored version of THRILLER: A CRUEL IMAGE on Blu-ray. This cult classic is widely considered one of the holy grails of pure exploitation cinema, and one that Quentin Tarantino (director of PULP FICTION, RESERVOIR DOGS and ONCE UPON A TIME… IN HOLLYWOOD) calls “the most brutal never done!
Originally released in the US in a heavily truncated version called THEY CALL HER ONE EYE, THRILLER is presented here with over 20 minutes of restored footage deemed too graphic for mainstream 1970s audiences.
Synopsis: Growing up mute after a childhood sexual assault, a young girl (Christina Lindberg) spends years working on an isolated farm. After missing the bus one day, she is picked up by a suave young man who takes her out to dinner, drugs her, and forces her into prostitution.
Torn from home, she rebels against her captor, only to have her eye gouged out as punishment. After learning of her parents’ death, she secretly trains in martial arts, defensive driving, and weapon handling! Transformed into a woman-killing machine with a sawed-off shotgun, she uses her newfound skills to exact bloody revenge on those who have wronged her.
- Uncut and uncensored 1080p (1.66:1) high definition presentation
- Original Swedish version with newly translated removable English subtitles
- Alternate English dub soundtrack with newly translated removable English subtitles
- Multiple stills galleries, including rare behind-the-scenes footage and nude photos of Christina Lindberg on set
- Theatrical trailers and TV spot
- Alternate Port Combat Sequence
- THRILLER: A CRUEL LABORATORY MISTAKE – Rare photos of an unused fight sequence that was spoiled by the film lab during production
- THRILLER: THE STORY IN PICTURES
- Wes Benscoter Reversible Blanket
THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE contains scenes with strong sexual content, nudity, graphic violence and drug addiction. For sale to persons 18 or older only!
Jason Price founded the mighty Icon Vs. Icon over a decade ago. Along the way, he’s brought together an incredible group of like-minded people to bring some of the most unique people and projects to the pop culture landscape.